All livestock must be on the Fair Grounds by Wednesday, 9:00 PM.
Any Registered Breed with two or less animals will be shown in other registered breeds.
Cattle will be judged on Saturday, September 18th.
All cattle must meet the state regulations as to T.B. and Shipping Fever.
- A Maryland Department of Animal Health “Certificate of Veterinary Inspection” must accompany all show animal and presented for review prior to unloading.
- Animals must be shown to collect premium.
- Any Registered Breed with two or less animals will be shown in other registered breeds
- All stalls must be cleaned on a daily basis and final clean-up by 7:00 p.m. Monday night. Animals must be fed on a daily basis.
- All cattle are required to have a RFID tag. 6.Open cattle and 4-H Breeding cattle will be released at 10 pm – midnight
- Open cattle and 4-H Breeding cattle will be released at 10 pm – midnight
1st $40 – 2nd $35 – 3rd $30 – 4th $25 – 5th $20 – 6th $15
AN – ANGUS
CH – CHAROLAIS
CR – CROSSBRED
HE – HEREFORD
SH – SHORTHORN
DV – DEVON
ZZ – MARKET
RE – OTHER RECOGNIZED BREEDS
SP – SHORTHORN PLUS
- Bull, 2 years and over
- Bull, senior yearling, 20 to 24 months
- Bull, junior yearling, 16 to 20 months
- Bull, summer yearling, 12 to 16 months
- Bull calf, senior, 9 to 12 months
- Bull calf, junior, 8 months or less
- Two Bulls, any age, by same owner
- Champion Bull (By Breed)
- Reserve Champion Bull (By Breed)
- Aged cow, over 3 years
- Heifer, 2 to 3 years
- Heifer, senior yearling, 21 to 24 months
- Heifer, junior yearling, 17 to 20 months
- Heifer, spring yearling, 15 to 16 months
- Heifer, summer yearling 13 to 14 months.
- Heifer calf, senior, 11 to 12 months
- Heifer calf, winter, 9 to 10 months
- Heifer calf, junior, 8 months or less
- Champion Female (By Breed)
- Reserve Champion Female (By Breed)
- Get of Sire. Four animals both sexes represented, all sired by one bull; all owned by exhibitor. All animals to be shown in individual classes to be eligible.
- Pair of females any age, bred and owned by exhibitor.
- Pair of yearlings both sexes
- Pair of calves both sexes
- Market Steer (By Breed ONLY)
- Junior Steer – Less than one year
- Cow with suckling bull calf under 250 days
- Cow with suckling heifer calf under 250 days
SECTION YY — BEST OF SHOW
- Best of Show Bull — All Breeds
- Best of Show Female — All Breeds
NOTE: Animals must be kept at all times in clean and attractive condition.
AY – Ayrshire
BS – Brown Swiss
GU – Guernsey
MS – Milking Shorthorn
RE – Other Recognized Breeds
1.Spring Heifer Calf — 4 – 6 months (Born in 2021)
2.Winter Heifer Calf — 7- 9 months (Born in 2021)
3.Fall Heifer Calf — 10 – 11 months (Born in 2021)
4.Summer Yearling Heifer —12 -15 months (Born 2020)
5.Spring Yearling Heifer —16- 18 months (Born 2020)
6.Winter Yearling Heifer —19-21 months (Born 2019 -2020)
7.Fall Yearling Heifer —22 -24 months (Born 2019) never freshened
JUNIOR CHAMPION FEMALE BY BREED RESERVE JUNIOR CHAMPION FEMALE BY BREED
12.Cow, Junior 2 year old — Born between 3/1/19 – 8/31/19
13.Cow, Senior 2 year old — Born between 9/1/19 – 2/28/19
14.Cow, Junior 3 year old — Born between 3/1/18 – 8/31/18
15.Cow, Senior 3 year old — Born between 9/1/18 – 2/28/18
- Cow, 4 year old — Born between 9/1/16 – 8/31/17
- Cow, 5 year old — Born between 9/1/15 – 8/31/16
- Cow, 6 year old and over — Born after 9/1/15
SENIOR CHAMPION FEMALE BY BREED RESERVE SENIOR CHAMPION FEMALE BY BREED
GRAND CHAMPION FEMALE BY BREED RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION FEMALE BY BREED
- Dam — Daughter class
- BEST OF SHOW FEMALE
Entries received and displayed in the Livestock Buildings near the South Entrance.