Queen Nicotina LXXXVII
The Charles County Fair Queen, Queen Nicotina LXXXVI, will reign over the 99th Charles County Fair to be held September 14-17, 2023.
It’s time for organizations to enter Charles County girls in the Queen Nicotina Contest, sponsored each year by the Charles County Fair Board. The entry form (available as a PDF form below or in the printed catalog) must be mailed to Mrs. Louise Stine, 5185 Colebrook Dr., La Plata, MD 20646 no later than Aug. 30, 2023. Queen Nicotina will reign over the 99th Fair to be held September 14-18, 2023.
On September 9th, a panel of judges will interview all of the girls who have been nominated and will select the Queen as well as her court for the coronation ceremony to be held on Thursday, Sept. 14, and they will be honored participants throughout the fair. The Queen will be selected on the basis of scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities, poise and appearance, personal interview and presentation. She will receive a $1,000 tuition scholarship to be given by PNC Bank.
All contestants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident of Charles County for at least four years.
- Must be sponsored by a recognized Charles County civic or educational organization.
- Must be unmarried
- Must be a senior at a Charles County high school who plans to continue her education, or is:
• a freshman at the College of Southern Maryland during the school year 2023, or
• a senior commuting daily to high school.
- Must be a student in good standing, morally and scholastically, with a C or better average.
- The entry form must be signed by the president of the sponsoring organization and a school official at the last school attended.
- The entry form must be postmarked no later than midnight Aug. 30
- Must be present at the judging which will be held Friday, Sept. 8, at the Charles County Fairgrounds. The Judges will select from the contestants who are present a court of 13.
- All reasonable precautions will be taken to provide for safety of all participants, but the Fair Board shall not be responsible for injury to any persons.
All reasonable precautions will be taken to provide for safety of all participants, but the Fair Board shall not be responsible for injury to any persons.