Total Premium Offered Superintendent — Nancy Dudley, 301-246-4262,
and Marty Dudley
$500.00 2020 Poultry Judge — Daniel Dysart
1st $4.00; 2nd $3.00; 3rd $2.00
Entries will be received on Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Champion Trophies will be awarded for Large Fowl, Bantam, Duck, Turkey and Goose Sections.
Class Champion Ribbons presented for Best in Show
Trophy and Ribbon Award in many sections
- All poultry must be pre-registered. The completed fair entry form for each bird must be mailed to the Charles County Fair, Sept 1.
- All Exhibitors flocks must be registered with MDA. All Poultry need a negative pullorum test and Avia Influenza Certificate. Also, all
Waterfowl need the Avian influenza Certificate. You must present your original Pullorum-Typhoid Certificate at the time you enter your
birds. This is mandatory for the Superintendents verification of authenticity before your birds can be cooped-in. The original certificate will
be returned to you at time of coop-out.
- Birds will be accepted at the poultry building between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday. No changes in entries on day of arrival.
- Any entries showing signs of disease will be disqualified and must be removed from the building by the owner. Failure to do so, owner will forfeit all premiums.
- No cards or inscriptions will be allowed on coops until after judging is completed
- Poultry will be fed, watered and cared for by the Poultry Dept. staff, however, you must be sure that all your birds are fed and watered at time of coop-in.
- Exhibitors may remove their birds from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 17 or Monday, September 18 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. If any birds are left after 11:00 a.m. Monday, they will be left at the owner’s risk. Any poultry sold by the exhibitors must be cooped out by that owner.
- All reasonable care will be taken of your birds, but the Charles County Fair and its volunteers will not be responsible for any accident loss or damage for any reason.
- Please remember we are an all volunteer organization if you would like to help out please contact the superintendent.
- Please call the superintendents if you have any questions regarding sex, breed or variety of your bird.
- Exhibitors are limited to one (1) entry form.
- Poultry need self certificate form. Please be sure to fill out entry form completely. Be sure you have a section type and class for each entry and a description. Classes for each breed in Section 1 thru 6. Poultry need self certificate form.
- Birds must be 4 months or older (no peeps).
Cock hatched prior to 2020
Hen hatched prior to 2020
Cockerel hatched during 2020
Pullet hatched during 2020
F. Any other recognized breed (Specify)
SECTION 1: Purebred Large Fowl Breed
Rhode Island Red
Rhode Island White
ANY OTHER BREEDS
Old English Games
SECTION 2: Production Hens
A. Brown Eggs
B. White Eggs
SECTION 3: Meat
A. Broilers (7-9 weeks)
B. Roasters (10-12 weeks)
SECTION 4: Bantams
A. Single Comb – Clean legged
B. Rose Comb – Clean legged
C. Any other Comb – Clean legged
D. Feather legged
E. Old English game
F. Modern game
SECTION 4: PUREBRED BANTAM
SINGLE COMB CLEAN LEGGED
Rhode Island Reds
OLD ENGLISH GAMES
ROSE COMB CLEAN LEGGED
Rhode Island Reds
Rhode Island Whites
ANY OTHER COMB CLEAN LEGGED
SECTION 5: Guineas
SECTION 6: Game birds
SECTION 7: Classes for Turkeys
Old Tom-male hatched prior to 2020
Young Tom-male hatched during 2020
Old Hen-female hatched prior to 2020
Young Hen-female hatched during 2020
A. Domestic (All Breeds)
SECTION 8: Classes for Ducks
Old Drake-male hatched prior to 2020
Young Drake-male hatched during 2020
Old Duck-female hatched prior to 2020
Young Duck-female hatched in 2020
A. Bantam (Specify)
B. Light weight (Specify)
C. Medium weight (Specify)
D. Heavyweight (Specify)
SECTION 9: Classes for Geese
A. Light weight (Specify)
B. Medium weight (Specify)
C. Heavy weight (Specify)